|Calendar Year*||Number of Live Births with Esophageal Atresia/ Tracheoesophageal Fistula†||Total Number of Live Births||Rate
(per 10,000 Live Births)**
- Only includes live births to BC residents; stillbirths and late terminations are excluded.
- Cells with counts between 1 and 4 are not reported
- *Calendar year is based on baby’s discharge date
- † Includes live births with ICD -10-CM codes of either Q39.0 (Atresia of esophagus without fistula) or Q39.1 (Atresia of esophagus with tracheoesophageal fistula) or Q39.2 (Congenital tracheoesophageal fistula without atresia)
- § April 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016: Preliminary data – not all records received and final data quality not yet completed
- ** Rates for cells with counts between 1 and 4 are based on counts of 3
Source: Perinatal Services BC. British Columbia Perinatal Data Registry. Year Provided: January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2016. Resource Type: Tabulated Data. Data provided on June 5, 2017.